
A scene from La Perle
Isn’t it irritating when you have something to post, but there just isn’t time, because the work keeps coming in? (No, I ain’t complaining. Work is the most important friggin thing keeping us alive… I have all the friggin respect for work. O, highly exalted work, keep me busy, as busy as you like, but shower me with lots of income… Isn’t it high time that I get a raise?!?)
Not to worry, I have something up my sleeves just for times like this… an express picture post! Talking about the opera, here’s a spectacular show like no other in Dubai! And I recommend that you go see it! It’s absolutely worth it!

The stage… Looks like any ordinary stage, doesn’t it?

Hi boys! Look how little they are. And, see those masks? Remember the COVID-19 times?

The show begins! The circular hole in the middle, is actually a pool… performers can appear mysteriously from the pool, and disappear when they jump in! Here’s a scene with acrobats and a tightrope walker (or in this case, a slackline walker… O yeah, there’s a difference!)

A clash of cultures? A Chinese Lion and whirling dervishes all in one scene?

The pool boileth over! Oh yeah, the entire stage can be under water!! And waterfalls can spew forth from the podiums!
Here’s a video… (By the way, this is the first ever video in this blog! Took me 20 years to put in a video?!?)

And, it’s dry again! Hey, someone from the audience just went up there and he’s now running and skipping on that rotating thingamajig contraption!

If you wanna know more, go watch it!

La Perle (by Franco Dragone, the renowned Italo-Belgian creative director, who developed many of the Circue du Soleil's prestigious shows worldwide), Dubai, UAE – Aug 2021
No comments:
Post a Comment