
'Trophy' of a bat ...mistakenly badmintoned by our maids
Nothing much happened since the last entry, we’ve notched up a few more percentages in the project, (unfortunately that's all we've managed to notch up, thanks to the incessant rain from May, and the multiple landslides it's caused). I’ve extended my contract with my present company for 2 more years (yeah, you heard correctly, I’m gonna be stuck in this jungle of a place for 2 more bloody years). I’ve aged another friggin year, my creativity’s slowly going down the drain, thanks primarily to the real world and to growing up, with the commitments and responsibilities and rat-race. I’m still single (how the heck can I settle down when I spend most of the time trapped in the pits of the world i.e. Mizoram), I’m kinda getting more and more comfortable with staying in Mizoram actually. I’ve maintained my 32” waist since staying in Haulawng. I’ve got another lovely doggy in Mizoram and made a few more friends. People are still falling sick and dying from malaria, so much so that we've nicknamed one of our cars, The Ambulance. The telephone connection in Haulawng is still as good as ever (have been trying to call Haulawng for a week now, and the lines’ still down, what’s new?). The cable TV still functions (surprised?) most of the time, except when it rains (and it’s been raining almost every friggin day), I’m currently in Gurgaon (wasting time mostly, and delaying my going back to the jungles of Haulawng, since there’s no friggin cable TV in there where I can catch the World Cup matches hehehe). I’ve still not gone on a friggin holiday trip abroad this year, shite! And the company has finally decided to send a few more Malaysians into the jungle. And since there’s nothing new to write about except for boring work, and work, and work, I’m taking the easy way out again and post some pictures of our fun and exciting life in Haulawng, again.

A trek around 'environmentally-friendly' Mizoram in March with my colleague Tony, notice all the trees and wildlife (......how they're burnt beyond a cinder by our environmentally-friendly Mizo farmers)
No comments:
Post a Comment