Tuesday, 28 January 2025

Gong Xi Fa Cai à la Dubai


Gong Xi Fa Cai! Koung Hey Fatt Choi! Keong Hi Huat Cai! (As you can see, this was from years ago, 3 years to be exact, when Justin was around, the last CNY Justin spent with us. Miss you, our son! Enjoy your CNY in Singapore!)

Here’s a super quick Chinese New Year Post! Busy day today, lots of work, plus errands, before the Reunion Dinner tonight. Busy times ahead (for the time being). I’ve been asked to help out with a new Project ‘temporarily’. Yes, temporarily! Because my name isn’t even in the friggin org chart. So, who knows what happens when all the supposed team members are mobilized? Guess I’ll go back to being a recluse holed up in some dingy god-forgotten office. Hopefully, I’ll still be employed. For the time being, Huat Ah! (As they say, “teen did log ley, dong pey kum” …When the sky falls, use it as a blanket!)

Meanwhile, here’re some photos of our CNY from the past few years, to welcome in the new year! It looks like we’ll be having another quiet CNY, all by ourselves, just the 3 of us. Family, minus Justin, because he’d be celebrating in Singapore with Jason’s family!




Happy Chinese New Year, from the Year of the Tiger (2022), in DragonMart, Dubai




Wishing you a happy and prosperous new year, from the Year of the Rabbit (2023), in Dubai Expo City




All this for our family of 3?!?? (CNY 2023)


Gong Xi Fa Cai, from the Year of the Dragon (2024), at my company’s event in the Burj Park, Dubai


Meeting an old colleague whom we’ve not met for a long time, Xu Zhiyuan. Thanks to him, I started speaking Mandarin. Because, he would speak to me only in Chinese, whether I understood or not, or whether whatever I said was nonsense or not (I wouldn’t know, coz way back in 2008, I knew next to no Mandarin!) That’s the best way to learn a language, you gotta speak it! Burj Park, Dubai, 2024


Ummm… this is not strictly CNY decoration, but that’s what we did on CNY day last year, a visit to the Cityland Mall, Dubai. Isn’t this just nice for CNY?


Another place, just right for CNY (because of the flowers). Make the best of what you have, right? An Arabic breakfast on the 4th day of CNY 2024, at Tara Café, Business Bay Dubai. (It happened to also be 2 days away from Valentine’s Day, hah!)


CNY at our home, 2024. Wishing all a happy, successful, healthy and prosperous Year of the Snake! God bless!

No comments: