Sunday, 11 April 2021

Rock, Flower, Creatures

Ramadan, the Islamic fasting month, is expected to start in 2 days’ time. And Songkran, Thailand’s New Year (which incidentally coincides with many new years in South Asia and South East Asia) will also happen at the same time. This year, the festivals will, I think, be like last year, low key, with social distancing and masks. COVID-19 unfortunately, is still around and thriving, sigh!

I’m going back to flower parks for my post (that’s what I posted two posts back – Dubai’s Miracle Garden). Here’s a park I called the Confused Park of Thailand. You’ll see why in a moment…


The Confused Park of Thailand

The official name of the park is, wait for it… the Million Years Stone Park and Pattaya Crocodile Farm. Nice long, descriptive name, what else do you want? So it’s a park of million-year-old stones (from who knows where? It’s either in Thai or not labelled. Besides, how do they even know that it's a million years old?) It has nice, manicured plants (it's a park, OK?) And of course, crocodiles, because it's a friggin Crocodile Farm, so sez its name. And no, that’s not all, there’re also giraffes (yeah, in friggin Thailand), giant catfish, and you name it. So it should be more appropriately named as the Million Years Stone Park and Pattaya Crocodile Farm, and Zoo, and Lake Gardens. See for yourself, here goes.


Oh, there IS A LABEL! It sez ‘Ancient wood changed into stone by nature’


No label on this humongous stone though


More stones for your enjoyment


Anu & Hazel, Million Years Stone Park, Pattaya, Thailand


Potted Plant Arch!


Jurassic World… Nah, just a waterfall pool


Yours truly, at Million Years Stone Park


CROCODILES!!! It’s a crocodile farm, didn’t I tell you? It comes complete with a crocodile stunt show where a performer sticks his head into the opened jaws of a crocodile and pulls it out seconds before the crocodile snaps it shut. I’d have probably done the same if I were that crocodile. Who’d want to taste the oily head of a man? Yecch…


And of all creatures. …Giraffes!?! How did they get here from Africa???


Giant catfish


The kids with their granddad feeding the carps (and here’s a link to another photo of the kids and granddad at Million Years Stone Park)


A shrine at the Million Years Stone Park & Crocodile Farm, Pattaya, Thailand

OK, see you. For those who’re fasting, Ramadan Kareem. For those who’re celebrating their new years, Happy New Year! Stay healthy, stay safe. May you have a blessed time wherever you are.

No comments: