Global Village 2017
Expo 2020 Dubai was supposed to have opened its doors by now. But that was before COVID came a calling. Now, like every major event of 2020, it’s been postponed by a year. But what the heck, Dubai has its resident long-term ‘Expo’ to cater for the ‘expo enthusiasts’ till the real thing comes - Global Village! Here’re photos of our last visit to Global Village in 2017.
And this picture post is the best I can do for now. The work’s still piled up to my head, with the pending demobilization of our Project and office in the coming week. I’m still collecting photos of the past year of Jayden’s sixth year, for my annual post on the kid. Whenever I have time. So, here goes, whatever it is!

Anu at Global Village, Dubai. And here’s a link to Global Village 2015

The entrance pavilion, Global Village – Doesn’t this look like something out of Russia?
Oh, that’s the real Russia Pavilion
World Avenue

The canal, the main thing that’s still around from the old Global Village of the last decade
Iran Pavilion

Egypt Pavilion

Hey, that’s my magic staff!
India Pavilion
The Emirati-styled other gate of Global Village
Meanwhile, ‘globally’, now that the US has a new President, I hope he can start a process of healing and reconciliation for his nation, …and hopefully for the world. 2) I hope some friggin person can find a cure, a vaccine, whatever you call it, to stop COVID soon. 3) I hope wars in Nagorno-Karabakh (Azerbaijan-Armenia) and Tigray (Ethiopia) would be resolved without further blood loss, and without creating a division and hatred which would take generations to heal, if ever. Just think how much revenue (from tourism, b’coz crazy people like yours truly would wanna visit) you’d lose by these wars?!? May peace prevail. Ma'a salama!
Before I forget, here's to also wishing all those who celebrate the festival of lights, a Happy Diwali! Happy Deepavali!
No comments:
Post a Comment