
Salzburg! The town of Mozart and the ‘Sound of Music.’ And what a nice surprise, because we finally got a sunny break, after days of miserable, gloomy, wet weather!
Salzburg was where we spent the night after our outing in Königssee and Eisriesenwelt (the Ice Cave) in 2015. This was actually my second visit to Salzburg.
On my first visit in the summer of 1994, I spent the night sleeping at the railway station, drunk on red wine. When I woke up, there were 2 fellow drunkards guessing whether I was Chinese or Japanese. I said Malaysian, and left. I’m a proud Malaysian after all, hah! Malaysia Boleh!
On that 1994 trip, Salzburg was bitterly cold (no, the red wine didn’t work), and this was in summer, in the middle of friggin August! We spent half a day sightseeing before hopping on to a train to our next destination. So, it was indeed a nice, sunny break for me to see Salzburg in a completely different light in 2015!


Flowers at the Mirabell Garden, Salzburg, Austria

“Doe a deer, a female deer…” Does this place look familiar? Mirabell Garden was where part of the famous musical, “the Sound of Music” was filmed

A love lock bridge (Makartsteg) over the River Salzach, Salzburg

The suburb near our hotel where I parked our car. See that black one, by the bushes, that’s partly obstructing traffic, that Opel? Luckily, they didn’t fine me, haha

A street view in Salzburg city
Mozart, …OK, a statue of Mozart, in Mozartplatz (Mozart Square), where else?

Mommy with little 10-month old Jayden at Mozartplatz overlooking Residenzplatz and the Salzburg Cathedral

The fountain at Residenzplatz



Inside the Salzburg Cathedral (Dom zu Salzburg)
Getreidegasse, a street in Salzburg… notice the vertical shaft going up the hill behind the little church at the end of the street? I think it’s a lift shaft, but we didn’t try finding out
No comments:
Post a Comment