A view of the Promised Land, from Mount Nebo, Jordan
I’m still taking the easy way out and doing picture posts. I don’t really like the way I write nowadays. I used to put a lot of thought into writing a post. Now, it’s like err… 30 minutes and I’m done. Of course, this helps create a lot more posts on the blog, but they’re not as interesting as what I used to write. I read them after some time and think …”What rubbish am I writing?” But what the heck, who reads my blogs nowadays anyway? At least, there’re some interesting pictures, right?
Anyway, here’s another holy site in Jordan. This was where Moses (Nabi Musa if you’re Muslim) supposedly saw the Promised Land (the land promised by God to his people) before he passed away at the age of err… was it 120? In his quest of bringing his people, the Hebrews out of Egypt, Moses somehow pissed God off, by having doubts and not following exactly the commands of God on at least one occasion. As a punishment, Moses wasn’t able to step on the Promised Land and could only see the Promised Land from afar. Moral of the story: Don’t ever piss God off!
A Memorial to the Prophet Moses on Mount Nebo
Mount Nebo, Jordan
A mini Nativity Scene on Mount Nebo in conjunction with Christmas – we were in Jordan during the 2015 Christmas season
The Brazen Serpent sculpture, Mount Nebo

Greek inscription in mosaic at the small museum on Mount Nebo – don’t ask me what is says, it’s all Greek to me. (The label below this reads “The 762 A.D. Greek Inscription” …yup, that’s it)

Justin on Mount Nebo – we were told that even Jerusalem is visible on a clear day. …But the only thing I could see the day that we were there, was different shades of brown and grey. Those plants behind Justin are olives.

More olives! Jayden and papa posing with an olive tree

Mommy and the Abu Badd – honestly don't know what that is but from the name, that must be one helluva bad ass stone!
No comments:
Post a Comment