Thursday, 8 November 2007

Yet another update, yet another Fort City


Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh

I’ve been busy, at work, for a change, hehehe. I still have no inspiration to blog. But I think I’m no different than a lot of other bloggers. It comes a time when inspiration and ideas just don’t …happen! especially when you let the serious things of life (like work) interfere with your daydreaming. So, to honour my resolve of having at least 2 updates per month (and November seems to be zooming by pretty fast), here’s the easy way out – more pictures, more fort cities…

On the work front, I've discovered the secret of generating work in Quality Assurance – string up a line of Audits! And so I have, 16 audits down, 16 more to go, and audit reports for all of that. On the average I take 1 bloody day to do 1 bloody report, so it’ll take me up to some time the end of December to finish off that lot. Oh, …and I forgot, my last minute assignment. Shit!


Jain Sculptures on the way up to Gwalior Fort. Jainism is a religion in India which appeared about the same time as Buddhism (I think... don't quote me). The holy men of Jainism frequently go around stark naked. No, I'm not kidding, and yes, I've seen it a couple of times before. Never seen any holy women though...


The Temple of Doom (...hahaha kidding), a hybrid South / North Indian Hindu temple atop Gwalior Fort


A Gurdwara (Sikh Temple) atop Fortress Gwalior


The Gurdwara comes equipped with a swimming pool...

For the record, this is the fastest post I've ever done - come on guys, leave a comment, show me that you people still care about yours truly here, hehehe...

2 comments:

foxy mama said...

Yes, still money makng mode. Got UK college fees coming up.

When will you be back home ? Your furient email is not working as i have been getting undelivered mails on that address. Got a new one?

Don't be a Quality Assurance prick, k ?

Love ya. Come back soon.

cube said...

Just write! You know we're reading eventhough no comments. Is it just my pc I wonder...why is your blog comment box in German?

Mmm, interesting observations of forts...Sodom of India.

You still stacking your files neatly? Papers of same size, transparent folders of same width,etc?

I've not updated mine. Prefer to read others. Can follow your diligence..hehehehe.

Will email you my Nepal write up.

Chip Lanun of Sabah is off office today, will see him online in Abu Dhabi a week from now :-)

Hey, facebook is the in-thing now.

Oh yeah, what's your take about Malaysian Indians suing Queen E?

Look forward to meeting Anu when you get back!