
The prettier part of Calcutta - Victoria Monument
Fancy being steam-cooked? Welcome to Calcutta (aka Kolkata), city of joy and unimaginable humidity. Sweating is the cultural identity in Calcutta, especially when you’re trying to fly to Mizoram and the flight gets cancelled (which happened to me, and a lot of other people who are very used to this, since it’s a pretty common occurrence). Alliance Air / Indian Airlines (the only airlines flying to Mizoram currently) seem to like cramming their passengers into their sun-baked aircraft for about an hour before the plane takes off, with minimal air-conditioning. All very refreshing and invigorating. Don’t need any steam-baths around here, everyone can sweat a few litres before take-off.

Victoria Monument, Calcutta
1 comment:
Hey,
Kolkatta looks OK lah...but i guess you're taking all the nice pix & helping the tourism industry :-).
I may go there late Feb06, so will definitely see for myself.
But don't have free days to visit you, too bad. How long does it take to fly from kolkatta to Mizoram? I could spend the weekend there.
Or else, find an excuse to visit me. I may be there for a week. I'll be working day & night so you're free to use the hotel facilities...mmmm, I'm not sure what kind of hotels they'll provide..let me check it out first.
Post a Comment