Tuesday, 30 December 2025

The Valley of Dead Goats

Oh, what the heck. I might as well post these photos. Of the time we camped in Wadi Bih. (Since I’ve saved these photos up for posting… for a long time now…)


Wadi Bih, or what I called the Valley of Dead Goats… (What? I saw 3 goat carcasses on that day itself, OK?! If you look closely, you’d spot one too, in the photo above)

I thought we’d do a camping trip before the end of the year, with Justin, before he heads back to Singapore. But circumstances changed, and there were more important things to do… so we ended up not going camping. He’s heading back to Singapore tonight, to restart school. We wish him all the best. And that he will understand the importance of hard work, self-discipline and effort in achieving success, and that he’ll put his whole heart into his studies in his O-Level year. Take care my son, we love you. Give it your best!

These photos are of the last time Justin camped outdoors with us in the UAE… In Dec 2023. Here goes.


There! We’ve made camp! Definitely not a good thing to do, reaching a camping spot at night… But it’s something that happens (especially with us, …a lot. And most of the time, it’s bcoz of yours truly, ahem, but how would I know that there’d be a friggin traffic jam in Jebel Jais!! Wadi Bih is at the foot of Jebel Jais, by the way). If only we spotted the dead goat carcass nearby earlier, we might not have camped here. (Do you see it? It’s there if you look closely). But we reached after sunset and didn’t see it until way after we’ve settled in, and were looking for places to relieve ourselves. I just pulled it (by one of its dead legs) far away from us… (Yeah, there you go, goat. Be gone, rot in peace!)


Making fire. Mommy’s the expert and our guru. So, Justin, can you start one yourself now?


Good morning! Let’s climb some hills, while it’s early! (Our camp was by that lone tree, in the middle of the photo)


Heading out to the hills, Wadi Bih, Ras Al-Khaimah, UAE, Dec 2023


Exploring the hills…


The hills are alive, ...with the sounds of Jayden (he's the noisy one)


C’mon let’s get back to camp and have some breakfast!


Some morning yoga for mommy


Breakfast’s ready!


Tidying up. See the hard work we put in at night… Making that clearing, where our tent was, and propping up that tree… It’s full of thorns mind you, and rocks…


Happy New Year everyone! May 2026 be the greatest year ever for you! And may every year after that be even better!

No comments: