Friday, 21 November 2025

A Purple-Themed Garden and Some Tea


Lavender Garden, Cameron Highlands, Pahang, Malaysia, Aug 2024

November is the month that the missus and I got together. I’ve been scratching my head on what to post, it's gotta be something to do with love, from the photos which I already have…

I guess it’ll be this – Cameron Highlands. Again? Yes. Anu loves the hills and the flowers, the trees and the birds. She’s a nature-lover. So, here’s to you, honey, I love you. Like always, and it’ll never stop…


We ended up back in Cameron Highlands, after 2 years of our last visit. Our intended destination was this place in the photo, Cameron-Santorini, but alas, it wasn’t opened. I learnt later, that the authorities closed it down because the owners failed to obtain the relevant approvals from the authorities. They actually friggin demolished it!!! 3 days after this photo was taken, talk about chance! The developers said they would rebuild it after obtaining the necessary approvals. Let’s see…


Never mind, there’re other gardens around… (as the Hokkiens say, if there’s no fish, shrimps will do! Bo hu, he a ho - 无鱼,虾也好) And so, here’s the Lavender Garden… A lavender farm in Cameron Highlands


Whoa? A purple castle??


And a purple booth, with purple teddies!


Looking good, honey!


Flowers galore, just the thing for the missus!


What’s it with the strawberry motif? I thought it’s a lavender farm? They actually do have strawberries… Can’t make money from lavender alone, I guess. Lavender Garden, Cameron Highlands, Pahang, Malaysia, Aug 2024


Even the temples here have flowers! The Guan-di Temple, Tringkap, Cameron Highlands


This was where we put up a night, compliments of sis, Hazel’s, Berjaya Club membership – the Berjaya Vacation Club at the Copthorne Hotel. This was the same place we stayed in, in 2007, on Anu’s first ever visit to Cameron!


Cameron Highlands… (Kea Farm) from the Copthorne Hotel premises. Look at the amount of plastic sheet coverings! I guess it’s for protecting the plants from the incessant Malaysian tropical rain…


Finally, a tea stop, at the Cameron Valley Tea House


How’s this for a breakfast in the hills! Pasta, mushroom soup, scones and strawberry jam, with tea!


A stream in the tea estate


I LOVE U. This is our 19th year, and I’ll never want this to end! Cameron Highlands, Malaysia, Aug 2024. (Hey there, lady, can you please move!?!!? Sigh… never mind, you’re going into our photo, don’t say I didn’t warn you… WTF)

No comments: