I’m putting photos of some of the places in Dubai we visited, for a feel of romance. Let’s put it this way, Dubai ain’t really that romantic. The most romantic place I can think of is, ……wait for it…… Home!

Anu, at Sansation, a restaurant/ café at our neighbourhood, Motor City, Dubai
Anyway, many places have been trying to create that blue and white vibe that you associate with the Greek islands and Tunisia’s Sidi Bou Said. It’s a nice combination, I’d say. Is it a colour of romance? I dunno. You tell me. It happens to also be Anu’s favourite colour combination, so much so that she’s painted our village house in Silchar the same colours, although at that time, she’s never been to the Mediterranean. I used to say, “Hey, it’s gonna look like a police station” (that, coincidentally, are also the colours of the Malaysian Police Stations). (How would I know that entire villages and towns in the Mediterranean would be painted like police stations!?!) Dubai has its own versions of blue and white. Here they are. Though, it’s nothing compared to the real stuff! Ahem.

This is our local blue and white – the MotorCity variety

Sansation, Motor City – Jayden was with us. His koko preferred to be at home, planning out his nefarious schemes. …No, actually, most probably watching some ‘nonsense’ in YouTube that we’d normally not allow (when we’re around)



Another blue and white – the Fish Beach Taverna, at the Le Meridien Mena Seyahi Beach Resort, overlooking Palm Jumeirah


Inside the Le Meridien Mina Seyahi, Dubai, UAE


Finally, here’s another effort at copying Europe… the Vincitore Boulevard at Arjan, near Dubai’s Miracle Garden

I dunno what it’s trying to copy. Hey, somebody, does this remind you of anywhere you’ve been before??
That’s it! Short and fast post done. (Luckily, the tender which we had to finish today, was extended by 3 weeks! Hehe.)
Our anniversary this year so happens to coincide with the Hindu Festival, Diwali. Today is Dhanteras, the day that you should buy gold! I guess the goldsmiths are gonna be fully packed today. For those celebrating Diwali, HAPPY DIWALI, HAPPY DEEPAVALI!
No comments:
Post a Comment