Friday, 8 September 2023

A Park or a Mall?


The world’s largest fountain at The Pointe, Palm Jumeirah, Dubai, UAE

What the heck! I might as well post the remainder of the old mall pictures I collected. (Saves time, and I get 1 post done!) These are all from 2020, when COVID-19 was going through the roof. Yeah, the malls in Dubai carried on like nothing happened. Oh COVID?? Ummmm…. OK, please wear your mask! And keep 3 feet apart!!

These are from what I call the ‘confused mall’ section. The developers didn’t know whether to build a park or a mall. Oh well, we’ll just combine the two and VOILA! Here you are!


The Palm Fountain holds the Guiness World Record for the world’s largest fountain (before it closed down). Yup, it’s closed, in May this year. That’s Dubai, things changed like the changes of the wind. Bye-bye fountain! RIP 2020 – 2023. I dunno what redevelopment plans Nakheel (the developer) has up its sleeve… Let’s see


Anu at The Pointe with a view of the Atlantis Hotel at the ‘top’ of the palm-tree-shaped Palm Jumeirah Island, Dec 2020


Here’s another place that the developers closed down, or partially closed down – La Mer Beach, Dubai, 2020. As of today, this is all GONE! Being redeveloped. That’s the problem when you’re undecided. A park, or a mall, or just a bloody beach?!






Some scenes at La Mer, Dubai, Dec 2020. Bye-bye. I don’t how much of these will stay. Just think of the works wasted! At least, we have some memories. RIP La Mer, 2017 – 2023






Now, do you spot the masks?? That’s a reminder of the COVID times. La Mer, Dubai


Souk Madinat Jumeirah, Dubai, 2020. This is an old timer. Nope, it’s not going. It’s been here for quite some time and it’s here to stay!


Christmas time at the lobby of the Theatre of Digital Art (TODA), Souk Madinat Jumeirah


And this is City Walk, another Park / Mall


A performance at City Walk, Jan 2020


And that’s the Coca-Cola Arena, just across the road from City Walk! It’s still well and very much alive!

That wraps up the post for today. See ya!

No comments: