
Sidi Bou Said, Tunisia
It’s Ramadan, the Islamic holy month of fasting. Happy Ramadan to all the Muslims! Ramadan so happens to be my favourite month working in the UAE, ahem. It’s generally less hectic, the jams are less and the working hours shorter. What’s not to be liked?
This Ramadan though, we’re travelling, as it coincides with the school’s 2-week Spring Break. We’re off to India (yes, again). Gotta get the friggin bank problems in India sorted out, and visit the family. So, I’m gonna leave a quick photo post till I write again after the holidays. Ramadan Kareem!
Here’re more photos of the blue and white suburb of Sidi Bou Said in Tunisia for the occasion (since I’ve scores of photos from this place which I did not post in my earlier Sidi Bou Said post. Besides, blue and white looks so serene).

What better place to start than the house of the person who started this blue and white trend. The Ennejma Ezzahra, the Star of Venus

Ennejma Ezzahra was the house of Baron Rodolphe d’Erlanger, a French aristocrat and artist who first introduced the blue and white theme to this place (but for some reason or other, his front gate’s door isn’t blue. It’s yellow! I think he’s a secret member of the Hufflepuff)


The gardens of the Ennejma Ezzahra

It has great views of the Mediterranean

The interior of the house



A walk around a blue and white town

A mosque at the centre of town

Another photo of the picturesque Café des Délices


Dusk in Sidi Bou Said

Ciao! Till we meet again! Happy Fasting! Selamat Berpuasa!
No comments:
Post a Comment