Sunday, 18 July 2021

Our Northern Neighbour

Eid Al Adha Mubarak!




Sharjah Mosque at night and at daytime

Never imagined I’d have time to post a short post before Eid Al-Adha, but here’s my opportunity. Was gonna fix the aircon (AC) of the car today before the long 5 day break for Eid. Last night, I noticed that the AC froze up after driving about 30 mins on it. We had to switch it off, let it thaw, and then there’d be air again, but then it’d freeze up again after a short while. I couldn’t bring it to a workshop in the morning as I’d arrange a site visit to our Sweihan Military Road Project in Abu Dhabi Emirate with the Construction Manager who used to be in charge of the Project. So I brought it to a workshop the minute I got back from the site visit, (but of course, after lunch. For yours truly, lunch is still the priority, ahem).

The workshop I asked (and all the others I enquired on the phone or online) told me that it couldn’t be done with the remaining time I had today. So, WTF, I let it be, and came to the office to finish off some of the banking work before the week closes for the long holidays, and at the same time squeeze this little post in, hehe.

That’s all. Here’re a few pictures of mosques and stuff from the emirate immediately north of Dubai – Sharjah.


More Sharjah Mosque - like an Ottoman mosque straight out of Turkey, isn't it?


Google Maps names this as the Ahmed ibn Hanbal Mosque, Sharjah Cultural Square (which is literally a circle) – We bought our piano earlier this year from one of the houses near the mosque. That house is a workshop / storage for pianos and keyboards…






Sharjah University City


OK, that’s all the time I have – Say bye boys – The boys with eyes barely opened at a monument near the Sharjah International Airport – We call it the toothpaste monument – doesn’t it look like a dollop of toothpaste being squeezed out?

Have a blessed Eid, Selamat Hari Raya, may peace be with you. Ilaa liqa, maa salama!

No comments: