
ADAC Project Onam Party 2017 – Wide Range Restaurant, Mussafah (ME-10), Abu Dhabi. OK, I’ll try to recall the names – Left-most table, from left: Half-hidden face; Anil Ramachandran (CAD); Mahafil (Admin, Document Controller, Arabic translator and organizer of events); Shihab (I think) (Safety). Front table, from left: Premaraj (Stores); Rasi (Supervisor); Kutty (CAD); Somebody I completely forgot. Back table: Strangers who’re not part of our group
The good thing about the ADAC Project is that the team there has a habit of organizing gatherings and outings! (A skill which I absolutely suck at, unfortunately). Also unfortunately, the ADAC Project is still officially incomplete (we haven’t frigggin got the Taking-Over Certificate yet) even though we had finished everything and completely demobilized team, office & everything, in 2018! Double unfortunately, I am the friggin Project Manager.
(By the way, ADAC means Abu Dhabi Airport Company. It’s the name of our Client. We built the roads and bridges i.e. the Departure and Arrival ramps to the new Midfield Terminal Complex which was under construction. Correction, is under construction, still).
OK, nuff said. Here’s a look back at the gatherings of the ADAC Team. Enjoy!

It’s a multi-racial Onam party! From right: Tang Zhao (Site Engineer); Yours Truly; Shaji (Contracts Manager)

From right: Anoop (Safety); Vinod (Works Superintendent); The Electrician (I think) (But I forgot the name); Somnath (I think) (Office Assistant); Naresh (with head turning towards camera) (QAQC); the rest to the left I’ve forgotten…

The Commercial Team – Hisham (QS) (left) and Anver (Senior QS) (right)

Gang of Four, at our Project. From left: Faseeh Ullah (Site Engineer); Firas Biedas (Deputy PM who had resigned, I was deployed to take over from him); Rana Raza (Construction Manager); Yours truly, ahem… Behind, we’re laying red sand asphalt

The Three Musketeers. From left: Shaji (Contracts Manager); Aruna (QAQC Manager); and John Jose (Engineering Manager) at the Senior Project Manager’s room in the Site Office

Ahmed Reda, Utilities Engineer and his tactile paver mock-up

Awards time: Our Utilities Superintendent, Biju Surendran receiving a certificate of appreciation from ADAC’s Head of Security, Tihomir Grubisa with Security Officer, Jnyana Nayak looking on

12 million man-hours worked without an LTI (loss-time injury)! A safety record! From left: Nishad Chengot (Safety Manager); Alex George (Our Company’s Corporate Safety Director); Emad Yacoub (Senior Project Manager, my boss); Yours truly; Zhu Jianchao (Our Company’s Chief Engineer and Vice President in charge of QHSE); Tarek Emara (Our Company’s Corporate Quality Director); Mark Wei (General Manager & Head of our Civil & Infrastructure Division); Thomas Daniel (Our Divisional Safety Manager)

An outing to a farm! Chicken coops, turkey coops, etc, at a farm in Al Rahba, Abu Dhabi – Here’s (from right) Ahmed Elkadi (Site Engineer), Tang Zhao and Rahul Sasi (QS). Here’s a link to a photo of our lunch at the farm

Fresh farm produce for sale! From left: Mahafil (Admin / Doc Control …but doesn’t he look a little like the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia?); Rajesh Lakshmanan (Machinery Coordinator); Jithin Jose (Document Controller); Rajesh Nadar (Planning Manager); and Rasi

Hey Rajesh! What are you trying to steal!!! – Farm at Al Rahba

Finally, here’s a function where our Company brought the Mayor of the City of Kinshasa (DRC) for a visit to the Midfield Terminal Complex Project of the Abu Dhabi Airport. (Another Division of our Company was the contractor for the steel structures of the complex). In the middle, with the chequered shirt is Dong Wei, my boss at that time, VP and head of the Civil & Infrastructure Division. Beside him I think is the Mayor. The only woman in the group is the Chinese-French translator for the Mayor. Left-most seated is Fu Chunlei, Head of Tender & Cost Control Dept of our Division. Second from left standing is Zhang Yutian, Admin Manager – Nov 2017
That’s all for now folks!
No comments:
Post a Comment