
Hobbiton, Middle Earth…
I AM BACK!!!!
So… March and April went by real quickly. And now it’s May! And Ramadan. I missed all those fabulous occasions which I usually post… Spring Equinox, Songkran, Easter, start of Ramadan…
Not much of a celebration this year though, with COVID-19 everywhere. While many around the world are in lockdown with nothing much to do, I have been working my ass off, now that I am finally no longer ‘Acting’ Project Manager. Yup, yours truly finally got the PM post…
So, I’m one of the lucky ones you could say, because in the UAE, the construction sector happens to be a vital sector (no joke), exempt from the lockdown. Ummm, you know you need roads and bridges to get to your coronavirus victims?! Because of this, I’ve been in and out of self-quarantines due to bumping into people who are COVID+! But praise God, nothing’s happened to me… yet. Exciting, init?
But being a PM is not all fun, COVID or no (especially, when there's no salary increment!). For one, I find that I have no friggin time to do any personal stuff, banking, errands, etc. Not to mention surfing and blogging… I’ve not logged onto Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc since time immemorial. But I can’t let the blog idle. So, here goes…
Going from Matmata (Tunisia) to Matamata (New Zealand) to another movie set… Middle Earth from the Lord of the Rings trilogy, and the Hobbit! How I sometimes wish I could escape the pressures of work, and the worries of COVID-19 to go into another adventurous holiday… Sigh, it’ll have to be photos until the world gets back to normal.

Hobbits in Hobbiton

Oh, the Hobbits have parents…

A stroll in Hobbiton… Hobbiton Movie Set, Matamata, North Island, New Zealand

Anu in Hobbiton, NZ

Kim with Skye

And here’s Hazel

Justin chopping wood

Hey everyone! Photo time



Houses of the Hobbits – Don’t ask me which one’s Bilbo’s. I have absolutely no idea…

Here's where the Hobbits get their fish

Fancy some ale at the pub? (The Green Dragon, Hobbiton)
Going back to work now. May the Force be with you (oh, that’s from Star Wars) …but what the heck, it’s Star Wars Day! (May 4th as in May the Fourth …Be with You). No wait, it’s already May 5th! Damn, one day late!
No comments:
Post a Comment