
Wishing all a Happy & Prosperous Chinese New Year!!! - DragonMart, Dubai, CNY 2019
Cough… cough… starting to get a cough, but don’t worry, I went nowhere near China or a medical facility, so it shouldn’t be anything but a common cold. But the coronavirus scare in China has really dampened the New Year spirit all over, including here, in the UAE.
There used to be fireworks, Chinese cultural performances and a Chinese Gala, but they cancelled the Chinese Children’s Gala this year probably due to the ongoing coronavirus epidemic. I guess many Chinese residents, or visitors, would not be able to make it to the UAE due to the quarantine and cancellation of flights in China…
Heck, our Company instructed all those returning from an overseas trip these 2 weeks (including a colleague from India), to stay at home for another 2 weeks upon returning. Those lucky bastards!
Likewise, our New Year celebration has also been really low key. We didn’t really go anywhere. Visited some nearby malls to look for a celebration but found very little. Anu cooked up some treats at home for our tiny family of four + one niece for the Reunion, and that’s it!
Work is where all the excitement has been happening. There’re massive political manoeuvrings in the Project, and active campaigns by many, to oust my current Project Manager. It’s sucking me in, and I am trying my best to keep off it. (I’m the Deputy PM, and it’ll be me in charge, if the PM is ousted). Let’s see how this turns out. Anyway, because of this situation, I am over my head with work. Alas… that’s life!
Ummm, I’ve decided to brighten up the mood, with pictures of last year’s CNY… At least, there’s something joyful to look at…

Niece Karishma and us, in front of our old home in International City – CNY 2019


CNY 2019 – Dubai Marina Mall

Chinese New Year celebrations at Riverlands, Dubai Parks & Resorts 2019

Face Changing Act

Lion Dance

And of course, Dragon Dance – Riverlands, Dubai
Children’s Chinese New Year Gala – This was where Justin received an award for scoring full marks in his YCT2 Exam!
No comments:
Post a Comment