Monday, 28 May 2018

Ramadan Kareem!




Ramadan decorations at Mirdif City Centre, Dubai 2017

Blessed Ramadan to all the Muslims.

It’s that time of the year again, where Muslims fast from dawn to dusk, and Non-Muslims just hitch along and enjoy the nice changes that comes along with Ramadan in this region.

Now we work only 6 hours a day, Alhamdulillah. And the kids go to school a couple of hours less, Alhamdulillah. Meaning there’s more time with the family, less traffic (usually, unless there’s an accident, which is really common during Ramadan), and less crowds at the malls, cinemas, etc. Nice, ain’t it?

But there’re drawbacks.

First, the shorter working hours means I have less time to do trivial stuff during work hours like updating this blog! So, forget about Facebook, Twitter, and so on and so forth, OK? I have less time to do my banking errands, and other important personal stuff, like paying my bills on time. (Really hope I don’t forget something like that!)

Second, driving a hundred over kilometres at friggin 2, 3 or 4pm in a hot afternoon is a recipe for disaster. It’s the sleepiest time of the day for driving, especially if you’ve had a heavy meal (therefore I suggest, eat light, and take a coffee before you drive). For those fasting? I can only imagine (coz I’ve never tried!) That, I think, is the main reason why road accidents go thru the roof every Ramadan in this country!

Third, …I can go on, but I’ve used up all the time I’ve set aside for this blog, so I’m gonna end here and post some pictures instead. Enjoy your holy month while you still can!






Ramadan 2017, Dubai Festival City Mall


Dubai Festival City is always nice for a sunset


The light, smoke, water and fire show, Imagine, at Dubai Festival City


ENIGAMI? – Imagine seen backwards, Dubai Festival City Mall


Anu & Sweety in Ramadan 2017, Mirdif City Centre


Ramadan Kareem! Ramadan Mubarak!

No comments: