Monday, 4 September 2017

Eid Is in the Air

And so is Onam.

The festivals are back. Summer’s coming to an end. Justin will start school later in the week. AND I AM STILL AT THE ABU DHABI PROJECT!!!

Anyway, I got 3 days off (including the weekend) for Eid! That’s better than when I was in the friggin Dubai Canal Project last year. I took the opportunity to …sleep, eat, and find out what my family has been up to all these months! (Working in a project is like staying with the family but not knowing what they’re doing! Yeah, it’s that bad!)

Here’re pictures of a traditional Dubai for the season! Eid Mubarak everyone! And for the Malayali friends (whom I think make up half of the friggin project team), Happy Onam!


Al Salam Mosque, Al Barsha, Dubai – this Al Barsha mosque is a reasonably new building. I kinda like it, that's why I'm posting a picture of it for the second time. (Here's a picture of the same mosque from my earlier post).




A walk in Bur Dubai - Ali bin Abi Taleb Street, Dubai


Close up view of the Ali ibn Abi Talib Mosque, Bur Dubai, Dubai


A Persian looking mosque at Bur Dubai


Bur Dubai adorned with flags of the UAE, on UAE’s National Day in December 2015




Al Fahidi Fort (Museum), Bur Dubai




Views of Dubai Creek


Here’s a 2015 view of Dubai Creek that I’ve photographed and posted way back on our first month in Dubai in 2008. Can you spot the difference?


The things for sale at Bur Dubai Souk (Market)


The walls of the old souk at Bur Dubai - Notice what they’re made off? Chunks of friggin corals collected from the sea!

No comments: