
Museum of Islamic Civilization, Sharjah, UAE
Here we go again, 30 days of fasting. (No, not me. The others I mean. I’m the type who can’t survive not munching on anything for more than an hour!) And this time, I’m in a friggin site, 130km away from home!
Don’t have much time to write. I gotta get a grasp of this Project as soon as possible, and there’s just about 3 years of information for me to absorb! (The Project started in 2014!)
So here’s something which I think suits Ramadan well. Wanna learn something about Islam? You can’t go wrong with a visit to the Museum of Islamic Civilization in Sharjah! See for yourself.




The interiors of the Sharjah Museum of Islamic Civilization


The central dome, with a mosaic of the night sky showing the zodiac constellations

The Kiswah, the piece of cloth covering the Kaaba, the most sacred building in Islam which sits in the middle of the Grand Mosque in Mecca – the Kiswah is changed every year during the Haj Pilgrimage period. So sez the display. See, I told you it’s pretty informative. There’s more but you’ll have to go find out yourself!

A replica of the Holy Kaaba, showing the Kiswah and the Black Stone, an eye-like stone on the corner of the Kaaba near the door
A replica of the Black Stone of the Holy Kaaba – Wanna know what this is, go, visit the museum, haha, or you could just Wiki it!

Another of the many displays in the museum – It’s a brass pot with a Sheikh sitting on it, …no, seriously I don’t know what this is. You think I’m a curator or something?
And here’re some mosques around the Museum’s vicinity, and I have all the names… (that’s how good Google Maps is!)

A Persian-looking mosque, the Masjid Al-Zahra, at the Corniche, Sharjah

Abu Dhar Al-Ghafari Mosque, just beside the Museum of Islamic Civilization
Al Maghfirah Mosque, Corniche, Sharjah
No comments:
Post a Comment