Hell, I love monsters! And this place sure has some scary looking ones!

Beautiful evil looking nude woman! Summoning awesome looking beasts! The inscription below reads ‘Calonarang’. Is that the name of the girl? Name of the story? Name of the beast? You tell me!
Have been in love with monsters since I was a kid. My hobby used to be drawing monsters. Heck, even now, when work gets too boring, I draw monsters! So, here’re some monsters from Bali. It’s from a gallery called Ogah-Ogah, near the entrance to Taman Ayun in Mengwi. (Honestly, I’d have forgotten the name if not for Justin. “It’s called Ogah-Ogah, papa”, he said when I helped him with his holiday journal for school. That’s the beauty of having a kid who can read, hehe). I don’t think it’s a famous place, …but it’s my favourite unexpected find this trip! Costs 20,000 Rp to enter (about RM 6), and half price for kids, but they let Justin go in for free! Would’ve spent more time (and taken more photos) if Anu hadn’t rush me. She didn’t wanna go in (guess not everyone’s a fan of demons) and volunteered to look after Jayden outside, while Justin and yours truly romped around looking at the fantastic-looking demons and gods of Hindu and Balinese folklore. Don’t ask me what they are, or their names, I didn’t read the inscriptions. (What? You think I have time?)
I seldom write a post on a holiday so soon after a trip, except if it’s trip to visit family. Guess this post is a break from tradition, huh?

This one I know. This must be Ravan or Ravana, the main boss of the bad guys in the Hindu Ramayana epic. Bali is a Hindu island, and the Ramayana story features prominently in its culture and folktales. He looks human in this form, but wait, not all is as it seems!

There, Ravan in its 10 headed form! (The one at the back, it must be him, who else could it be?) Now you know why he’s the boss!

Kumbhakarna, one of the lieutenants of Ravan. He’s Ravan’s brother I think. He’s supposed to be a humongous monster in the Ramayana story, sort of a middle boss. He sleeps for 6 months in a year, and when he awakes, he’ll eat anything in sight!

Nope, absolutely no idea who this is

This one’s cool! He spits ugly heads out of his mouth!

And now for the girls – a beauty pageant from hell!

And Miss Hell 2016 goes to… “Come on Justin, just one picture with this”. “No, Papa, she got big ‘nen-nen’ (boobs).” What is it with this kid?
And here comes the good ones… I think…

This looks like the Hindu god Shiva

Is this Vishnu? I think so, looking at the items he’s holding and the garuda he’s sitting on

And this is the Barong, the good spirit in Balinese folklore. He frequently battles the Rangda, the evil spirit, a female witch with a long tongue, and bare boobs – for some reason or other, the Balinese are obsessed with boobs!?!

Beautiful evil looking nude woman! Summoning awesome looking beasts! The inscription below reads ‘Calonarang’. Is that the name of the girl? Name of the story? Name of the beast? You tell me!
Have been in love with monsters since I was a kid. My hobby used to be drawing monsters. Heck, even now, when work gets too boring, I draw monsters! So, here’re some monsters from Bali. It’s from a gallery called Ogah-Ogah, near the entrance to Taman Ayun in Mengwi. (Honestly, I’d have forgotten the name if not for Justin. “It’s called Ogah-Ogah, papa”, he said when I helped him with his holiday journal for school. That’s the beauty of having a kid who can read, hehe). I don’t think it’s a famous place, …but it’s my favourite unexpected find this trip! Costs 20,000 Rp to enter (about RM 6), and half price for kids, but they let Justin go in for free! Would’ve spent more time (and taken more photos) if Anu hadn’t rush me. She didn’t wanna go in (guess not everyone’s a fan of demons) and volunteered to look after Jayden outside, while Justin and yours truly romped around looking at the fantastic-looking demons and gods of Hindu and Balinese folklore. Don’t ask me what they are, or their names, I didn’t read the inscriptions. (What? You think I have time?)
I seldom write a post on a holiday so soon after a trip, except if it’s trip to visit family. Guess this post is a break from tradition, huh?
This one I know. This must be Ravan or Ravana, the main boss of the bad guys in the Hindu Ramayana epic. Bali is a Hindu island, and the Ramayana story features prominently in its culture and folktales. He looks human in this form, but wait, not all is as it seems!
There, Ravan in its 10 headed form! (The one at the back, it must be him, who else could it be?) Now you know why he’s the boss!

Kumbhakarna, one of the lieutenants of Ravan. He’s Ravan’s brother I think. He’s supposed to be a humongous monster in the Ramayana story, sort of a middle boss. He sleeps for 6 months in a year, and when he awakes, he’ll eat anything in sight!
Nope, absolutely no idea who this is
This one’s cool! He spits ugly heads out of his mouth!

And now for the girls – a beauty pageant from hell!

And Miss Hell 2016 goes to… “Come on Justin, just one picture with this”. “No, Papa, she got big ‘nen-nen’ (boobs).” What is it with this kid?
And here comes the good ones… I think…
This looks like the Hindu god Shiva
Is this Vishnu? I think so, looking at the items he’s holding and the garuda he’s sitting on
And this is the Barong, the good spirit in Balinese folklore. He frequently battles the Rangda, the evil spirit, a female witch with a long tongue, and bare boobs – for some reason or other, the Balinese are obsessed with boobs!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment