Thursday, 18 February 2016

Chinese New Year 2016


Happy New Year everyone! Having a Chinese New Year, Arabian style. Jayden at Justin’s school, GEMS Royal Dubai School

What the heck, I might as well post pictures of our Chinese New Year in Dubai since I’ve already downloaded the lot of photos from our phones and camera. The missus was bugging me to share CNY photos on Facebook (since the entire family in Malaysia, and around, plus their friends, plus the friends of their friends, were doing the same). FB’s done, so now it’s the blog’s turn. Here goes!


The first day of CNY this year happened to also be Justin’s Sports Day at his school. Luckily for us, I have a day off (the advantages of working for a Chinese company, ahem). So we spent a large part of CNY at school!


Now Jayden, you’re too little to compete with the big kids!


Where’s Jayden?


No, you can’t play hide and seek in the lockers!


Caught you!


Gong Xi Fa Cai everybody!


The brothers in red, for CNY


Our reunion dinner, compliments of Anu (…she read my earlier post, oops!)


The first day of CNY this year, 8 Feb, also happens to be our niece Karishma’s birthday. So we had cake to go with our reunion dinner!


Anu in a red-orange gown for CNY. That gown happens to be her pregnancy frock, but what d’ya know? It still fits, and I have no complaints!!!


Last minute CNY shopping at Dragon Mart, Dubai


Our Company CNY Get-Together in Al Mamzar Beach Park, Dubai (another advantage of working for a Chinese company, hehe)


The Vice-President / Head of the Civil and Infrastructure Division, of the company I’m working for, Mr Dong Wei


Some of the action at the Company Get-Together, love the expressions on this photo! The leader of the team (in black at the front) is Mark Wei, a senior member (Deputy GM, if I'm not mistaken) of our Division. The spectator behind, in black, with hands on hips is Hu Kaifeng, another senior member of our Division (no, I have no idea what fancy rank he holds)

On a more serious note, I’ve chickened out of my big toe biopsy (see the last para of my previous post). Since going to the surgeon, and while waiting for insurance to approve the procedure, I’ve researched melanoma of the toenail extensively (that’s what the internet’s for, right?!), and have come to a conclusion that that blasted black spot under my big toenail is likely not a melanoma. So I called the doctor and said I’ll wait it out for 2 months, and if it still doesn’t go away, I’ll head to him pronto, and have the blasted spot removed, obliterated, whatever!

On an even more serious note, I’ve just got devastating news from back home! My mom (stepmom) was diagnosed with cancer of the lung today. What’s worse is that it’s metastasized and spread to the brain and liver. We don’t know where it originated from, nor how long it’s been there, but that’s no longer important. We know that there’s no cure for it. The only help is divine help. So if you’re reading this, please do us a favour and pray for her. Thanks!

No comments: