Since, we’re talking Abu Dhabi, I might as well throw these in – pictures of the Emirates Palace Hotel in Abu Dhabi (the sprawling brown buildings in front). Here's a view of the hotel from the beach.
I don’t think I’ll be visiting this place personally, so what the heck, I’ll just put in some photos of it that were taken during Anu’s visit in 2009 with some of our work colleagues. It’s not like I didn’t try to visit, hell, I tried 3 friggin times!!! And failed, all 3 times! The first try was on our first visit to Abu Dhabi in 2008 – it was a weekend, and we were told that we could only visit on a weekday! Second try was when Kim visited in 2013 – we drove up to the gate, and the guard told us we were dressed too casually! (What? I thought my bermuda shorts were pretty decent, and our flip-flops (Kim and I) weren’t too bad looking). Third try was with Dad, Mom and Hazel on a Saturday in December 2013 – was told again that this was a weekend, …and I thought weekends were Fridays only, shit! I give up! What’s so great about the place anyway? It’s just a hotel like any other hotel right?
OK, OK, OK, call it a case of sour grapes… but I’m still NOT gonna visit, unless… Unless I have to again bring someone for a tour of Abu Dhabi, I think.
The fountain at the Emirates Palace Hotel
The gold coloured interior of the hotel
Anu, at the Emirates Palace Hotel, 2009
No comments:
Post a Comment