Shani Temple, Shani Shingnapur, Maharashtra, India
I’ve decided to do a one-off post for this place, …just because I fancy the title haha! There’s nothing much of interest here unless of course, if you’re a Hindu. Then Lord Shani can be extremely helpful, or if you cross him, devastating, as he’s believed to be a very potent god. See the post before.
Shingnapur used to be famous for being a village without doors. The houses only have doorframes, no doors. Nope, we didn’t go check out the houses. Thefts don’t happen as people believe that Shani punishes anyone trying to do that. That was until 2010. I guess the thieves finally became desperate enough to take a chance huh?
Another view of the temple
Mom-in-law at the entrance of the temple, Shani Shingnapur
And here're some bad news from another front. Malaysia Airlines MH370 has officially been declared crashed at sea, with no survivors, ...very sad news, God have mercy on them and bless their souls.
No comments:
Post a Comment