Christmas carolling at Dubai Festival City Mall
What a holiday! Parents and little sis Hazel came here for Christmas. I took 2 days off, one on 18th Dec (school celebration at Justin’s school) and another on Christmas Day (nope, Christmas isn’t a holiday here). But I’ve been sick the whole time thru, and the work is shit, with big tenders due after the New Year, and bosses getting jumpy (over the lack of …progress, they want them completed by the 31st …but submission’s only on the 7th and 8th, so we technically still have time!)
If only the bosses can understand what a procrastinator can do in the last minutes before a deadline. But I’m not the boss, so here’s a short end-of-the-year post before I get back to slogging on the tenders.
Hope the planned New Year’s Eve record-breaking fireworks in Dubai can bring back some festive mood to the season. Looking forward to 2014!
Here’s a little bit of the Christmas flavour from Dubai before I sign off. Happy New Year!
Light, Sound and Water Show, Dubai Festival City Mall (…why do people give grand sounding names to a friggin makeshift musical fountain) …peanuts compared to the grand Dubai Fountain at the Burj Khalifa
Church play at our local Friday church (New Covenant Church, Dubai)

Family pic at Justin’s school on Grandparents Day (yeah, there’s such a thing, first time I ever come across such a day!)
Justin with his grandma and aunt, with a gingerbread man picture he made at school
Another family photo, Burj Al Arab, Dubai
No comments:
Post a Comment