Sunday, 12 February 2012

Some Festive Flavours for the Dragon New Year


Resorts World Sentosa, Singapore – Gary, Justin & Amrita

Happy Dragon New Year everyone! Hope you had a fanfare of a time! I’ve nothing much to say, but since a picture speaks a thousand words, here’re some err... let’s see 14,000 words to spice up New Year!


At Sentosa, Singapore during last year’s Chinese New Year

As you can see from the rabbit (in the picture above), the hippie-haired Justin and the still youthful appearance of yours truly in the pictures, these are not from this year’s New Year. This year we spent New Year in the cool (or should I say cold, it was bloody winter) and quiet environment of our house in Assam. No big fanfare, only big feasts and superbly fresh and varied vegetables (as compared with what we can get here in Daund) every other meal. And for the entire time (or more rightly since the beginning of Jan), yours truly was down with a cold. Contrary to what some people think and prescribe, whisky doesn’t cure colds, even if you down a whole bottle with your mates in the evening and wake up the next morning not knowing what hit you the day before.

Frankly speaking, the work here is killing. I am putting in at least 12 hours a day, six days a week, and half a day every alternative Sunday! Why do I do it? ...For the thrill? Hell no! ...For the fun? Not in a hundred years! ...To prove my detractors wrong? More like it. ...To prove to myself? Yes, definitely it! But it seems to be going nowhere, so I don’t really know now why the heck we work so hard for??

Anyway, here’re the rest of the 14000 words...


Family picture, Butterworth


Outside our Butterworth house


Anu & Amrita, atop the ferry to Penang


Chinese (Hainanese) Temple, Penang


Kim, Justin & Amrita at the Hainanese Temple


Burmese Temple, Penang


Thai Temple, Penang


Amrita with a Naga at the Thai Temple, ...the most appropriate photo for this New Year of the Dragon’s post. Come to think of it, I can keep it for next year’s New Year of the Snake too, hehehe


With Mom’s family in Butterworth


The Kuala Lumpur side of the family


Anu, within the twin towers, KLCC


Lion dance at Sungei Wang, Kuala Lumpur

No comments: