
Christmas 2007
Ma,
Thank you for never giving up on me.
Thank you for staying so long to make sure we’re all OK before you go, although that means you have to suffer the indignity of not being able to walk, and to do things yourself, which you’ve always worried about, from before.
Thank you for showing me what love really is, some thing immeasurable, unilateral, without expecting anything back in return. I believe love like that doesn’t work in real life anymore. But you showed me what it means. You showed me the meaning of patience, of kindness, of perseverance.
Ma, I’ve been selfish. I’ve more than often taken advantage of my status as your favourite. Everything you’ve asked of me, is for my good, never for yours. That I give up my wild partying ways, quit smoking, quit drinking till I’m drunk, settle down and have a family, and be close to my parents and family, they’re all for my good. Thank you Ma, for loving me as I am.
Thinking back on the times I was with you, I’ve never heard you say, that you wanted to be with your friends, or to visit places you like. All you’ve ever wanted was for your family to be close, and for your loved ones to visit you once in a while. You’ve dedicated your life to your family. But never have you expected us to give up our lives to be with you. You are one great and unselfish Grandma. I understand your message now, Ma.
You rest well. You’ve definitely earned your peace. I love you Ma. Bye-bye. God bless you. And thanks God, for giving me such a wonderful person in my life.

Christmas 2007

Granny's Birthday 2008
Chinese New Year 2010
No comments:
Post a Comment