Monday, 26 January 2009

The Year of the Ox

Well, Happy New Year guys! I am working on New Year’s Day again, 4th year in a row now. Today morning was foggy and freezing cold, I feel dreary and grouchy, possibly from the late night I had last night. Nope, no wine, no gambling, no nothing else, just a late night out for a ‘Reunion Dinner’ with my fellow Malaysian & Indian housemates. I think I scraped the bottom of my friend’s car on a stupid manhole last night, bloody low bodied sedan, bloody manhole in the middle of the friggin path. (I’m used to driving a pick-up – manholes are just an insignificant part of the road if you’re a pick-up, but not for a low-bodied sedan apparently). This morning in the fog, I nearly got into an accident in one of the friggin high-speed 4 (or 5) lane roundabouts of Dubai while coming to work. Can’t the bloody drivers here drive with a little less speed and more courtesy? Or are my senses becoming slow… shit, another year, another year older… Anyway, I have a feeling my spirits will lift soon. For the time being, I’ll go back to sulking until some excitement comes around…

Here’re some pictures of past celebrations to spice up the celebrative mood… if that’s possible…


Our small wedding dinner at the Ipoh Swimming Club last year


Christmas 2007 - at June & Patrick's House, Damansara Perdana

No comments: