Wow, time flies! January’s coming to an end and I want to maintain my resolution of posting at least 2 entries per month. I’ve been extremely busy, partially trying to impress my stingy boss (so that I can gain some favours from him, what else? (at least I’m forthright), but I don’t think it’ll work, since he’s only concerned about trying to keep the Project ‘within budget’). I’m the Quality Manager, so the budget’s got nothing to do with me, hehehe.
I also feel that I’ve not been giving my best in this Project, so it's about time I give it a go, and see whether I still have the grit and the anything-goes attitude I used to have last time before the intricacies and politics of this stupid Project (yeah, it is the Project, and the weather, and the people, the god-forsaken place…)… Anyway, it’s about time that I buck up and show some results (…but what sort of results do you expect from Quality? 1001 Non-Conformances? That’ll just mean Quality suck, right? 0 Non-Conformances, that’ll mean we’re not doing anything! …Quality is indeed …err complicated).
On the home front, I’m back with full force. The cluster headaches are gone. Anu’s happy (and contented… ahem). I’m registered with the Foreigner’s Registration Office (without participating in any enrichment scheme). The satellite TV’s fixed (and hopefully, it’ll stay fixed for the rest of our stay here). The bloody mosquitoes still hover around and bite despite near-zero temperatures (and I thought we could do away with insecticide in winter!) Everything is still bloody cold, especially my room in the office. I can’t put a bloody blower in there because the bloody electrical circuits were not wired for that type of load, and I can’t be bothered with getting our electricians to fix it coz I figured winter’s coming to an end very soon, and none of my other colleagues are using any heating device anyway, so what the heck, I’m a man! (…hmm, maybe that’s why the colleagues spend a lot of time at site nowadays…)
Anyway, I’ve gotta get back to work, gotta to show them who’s Gary Ong… Will post pictures to keep the blog updated ok?
Day 1 - All around Taipei
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment