Hi mates, nothing much’s changed lately here in Delhi. The weather is kinda oven hot now, the mosquitoes are still around, my waistline is still hovering around the 33” mark, I still can’t fit nicely into my 34” jeans (I could fit in actually, but because of my smaller than desirable bum, 34” pants / jeans don’t really look nice on me). I can no longer wear my entire range of 32” pants / jeans (the buckle / button can’t seem to meet). They DON’T sell 33” pants / jeans here. I am not exercising as much as I’d want to. My back has a slight chronic ache (which I don’t think is serious, probably caused by my 3 day ‘epic’ driving excursion into the hills). The movies on tv still get interrupted by tons of advertisements and frequent blackouts (the apartment I stay in has standby generators to take care of this fortunately. Unfortunately, the cable provider may not have such reliable generators). My colleagues from KL have been visiting more frequently (that explains why I’ve not been that frequent at updating this blog).
And my boss just told me a few hours ago to pack up my stuff to head deep into the jungles of North-East India (in Mizoram state wedged between Myanmar and Bangladesh) to help out with the workload, temporarily. Temporarily in my boss’s vocab may mean anything from a week to a few years. Of all times, now, when I’ve gotten kinda used to the absolute bliss and freedom of not having a boss around, far away from every other office. He said that I might have to stay till the monsoon season. That usually happens sometime around June, so hopefully I can think of an excuse to come back hehe. Flying off to Calcutta on Tue evening, then off to Mizoram on Wed morning (12 May).
I think the jungle does not have very good connections, internet-wise, heck even telephone-wise, so I guess the next post will have to wait for lil while. Till then, take care.
Day 1 - All around Taipei
6 years ago
2 comments:
Gary,
Take some pictures of where you are and the surrounding hills and landscape so we can see how you live and where you are.
Will show the same to your granny.
Take care
Dad
Uncle, you're such a loving father to Gary and a filial son too!
Gary, you're so lucky!
Post a Comment